National Campaign Encourages Customers to Take the ‘Aldi Challenge’
Rapport and Aldi collaborated on the supermarket giant’s ‘Aldi Challenge’ outdoor campaign, launched in January 2015 to encourage cash-strapped post-Christmas shoppers to ‘Swap & Save’.
Across January, Aldi were the most recalled supermarket advertiser, with a 7-percentage point lead over the market leader, Tesco. Further post-campaign research unveiled the following key take-outs:
- Aldi overturned a -1 percentage point deficit pre-OOH campaign
- OOH recall increased brand perceptions, with shoppers 21% more likely to agree “I can get all the products for my weekly shop from Aldi”
- Consideration to shop at Aldi increased +26%
- The campaign increased shopping frequency at Aldi
- People who saw the OOH were 44% more likely to have shopped at Aldi in the last week compared to pre-campaign levels