Clear Channel Outline OOH Plans for 2016 at Annual Upfronts Event
This month, Clear Channel UK held their annual Upfronts event in London. CEO Justin Cochrane and Commercial Director Chris Pelekanou presented Clear Channel UK’s digital Out-of-Home advertising strategy for 2016 and updated our partners on how we have progressed on the areas we promised to deliver on in 2015.
Clear Channel used the event to reiterate their commitment to the famous Adshel brand, as well as the digital transformation of their OOH advertising estate.
- The nationwide expansion of 600 Adshel Live digital 6-sheets is underway with screens now live in 12 cities across the UK;
- The launch of a beacon platform as part of the Adshel Live network. The natural evolution of Clear Channel’s Connect mobile platform, the beacon platform is now live and Clear Channel are seeking partners to work with as they trial the platform between now and February 2016;
- The nationwide expansion of Storm continues, with the launch of a new site in Liverpool in December followed by Leeds and Manchester;
- Last month saw the launch of Storm’s 21st site, Storm Cromination London – the transformation of Clear Channel’s iconic Cromwell Road site into one of the longest digital Out-of-Home sites in Europe, complete with the retention of the site’s famous special build capabilities;
- Play iQ – Clear Channel’s intelligent content and inventory management system is now live. As part of a wider strategy to open Play iQ up to our partners, Clear Channel will offer live availability of our digital inventory to key clients by the end of the year;
- The opening of the 2016 Outdoor Planning Awards, in partnership with Campaign. This year we celebrate the 10th anniversary of the awards;
Justin Cochrane, CEO at Clear Channel, commented:
Last year we gathered the Out-of-Home industry together to reveal our plans for 2015, and I am thrilled that we have delivered on each of our promises and we are continuing to build on these successes with fresh announcements made this year.
Adshel Live’s ongoing nationwide expansion, the introduction of our beacon platform, our plans to Wrap 15 of the UK’s key cities, and the UK-wide expansion of our premium Storm brand, are massively exciting developments for us, as well as the sector as a whole.
We will continue to work with our partners and customers to deliver on these projects, helping us to Create the Future of Media, Out-of-Home.